Frequently Asked Questions
Contact & Door Access
- Non-emergency support: For questions or issues that can wait until the next business day, please email the SAT Help Desk at email@example.com or submit the Contact Us Form.
- After business hours: During evenings, weekends and holidays, please call the SAT Help Desk 919-513-3111 and select option 1 to reach a SAT On-Call Technician.
Building and departmental Security Liaisons serve as contacts between the university community and the SAT Help Desk.
- For building exterior or interior door access, the individual should contact the Security Liaison for that site. He/she will determine whether the request is valid based upon the security procedures in place for that area. The Security Liaison(s) then contacts the SAT Help Desk to request the appropriate clearance(s) be assigned.
- Student access for a specific classroom or lab usually is handled between the professor teaching the course and the appropriate Security Liaison.
To obtain contact information of your Security Liaison, please submit the Contact Us Form to the SAT Help Desk.
- Door schedules can be changed at the request of the appropriate building Security Liaison sent to the SAT Help Desk.
- If you are not the security liaison, please submit your request to your liaison. To obtain contact information of your Security Liaison, please submit the Contact Us Form to the SAT Help Desk.
- Please visit our Adverse Weather page for information regarding the adverse weather policy and door schedule changes.
- Please visit the Wolfpack One Card Services website for questions and information regarding obtaining or replacing an ID Card.
- Visit the Wolfpack One Card office Lost/Stolen Card page to report a lost or stolen card.
- If you have electronic door access available using your ID card, please notify the SAT Help Desk so that your access can be disabled. Once your card is found or replaced, please notify the SAT Help Desk a second time to have your access enabled, because the access is not enabled automatically for replacement ID cards.
Device Installation & Maintenance
- Please submit a Contact Us Form or contact the SAT Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org or 919-513-3111 with a general description of the work or project.
- That information will be sent to our SAT Project Manager, who will follow up with you. A job site walkthrough will be scheduled if needed. If you wish to proceed after the initial discussion, a written project quote will be prepared for your review. The work will be scheduled once the quote has been approved.
- The security equipment installation cost depends upon several factors including the type of equipment and variables at the site where it is being installed.
- Our stated maintenance contract response time is within 8 business hours. In practice, we strive to have a technician on site within an hour or two and by 5 pm the same business day.
Accidents & Suspicious Activities
- In the event of an accidental activation of the security system, please contact the University Police at 919-515-3000.
- In the event of suspicious activities on Campus, please immediately contact the University Police at 919-515-3000.
- For incidents that require investigation by University Police or are criminal in nature, please report the incident to University Police and they will request the associated video as part of the police investigation. The departmental representative filing the police report can also request that SAT archive associated video on behalf of the department and University Police as a precaution.
- For incidents that are departmental in nature, videos can be requested directly from SAT by submiting a Contact Us Form or contacting the SAT Help Desk at email@example.com or 919-513-3111. Departmental requests are handled during regular business hours.