The Division of Environmental Health and Public Safety is responsible for the coordination, approval, and management of campus wide electronic security systems installed for the purpose of protecting the safety and property of the University. As part of this division, Security Applications & Technologies works along with Environmental Health and Public Safety to ensure that all aspects of campus-wide electronic security management systems are functional and compatible with existing standardized infrastructure. The following directives establish general requirements for all university colleges and departments relating to the purchase, installation, and operation of electronic security.
NCSU REG 04.05.03: Electronic Security Management System (SMS) (Link, Word Doc)
- Issued by the Vice Chancellor for Finance and Business
- First Issued: January 27, 2009.
- REG 04.05.03 – Electronic Security Management System (SMS)
- REG 04.05.04 – Building Locking Systems
- RUL 05.06.01 – Designated Emergency Phones (Blue Light Phones)
- RUL 05.06.02 – Burglar and Panic Alarms
- RUL 05.06.03 – Closed Circuit Television (CCTV)
- Emergency Notification Systems
- Facilities Division Construction Guidelines, Building Security 00712 09-26-2003
- Security Applications & Technologies Security Specifications
- NC State University Physical Master Plan A Campus of Neighborhoods and Paths
- Facility Construction Guidelines Planning and Design – Security
- Facility Construction Guidelines Planning and Design – Security Matrix
Assoc. Vice Chancellor,Environmental Health and Public Safety (919) 515-4238.