About Security Applications and Technologies
Security Applications and Technologies (SAT) consults, designs, integrates and maintains the network of security technologies at NC State University. As a department of Environmental Health and Public Safety, we serve and support campus departments, satellite facilities and corporate partners.
We are currently developing an enterprise security management system that integrates security technologies such as video, door access, burglar/panic alarms, emergency communication, and other emerging security technologies with the idea that we can monitor, maintain and provide a higher level of security through integrated systems.
Our services include:
- Impact analysis and beta-testing of new technologies for product deployment in the campus environment
- Facility/site vulnerability assessments
- Security system design including bid specifications and design documents
- In-house integration services
- Turn-key project management
- Design review of capital projects
- Enterprise application support and maintenance
- Convenience contracts with qualified security contractors
- Pre-qualification and vetting of security contractors and personnel
- Systems of record for physical security audits and data collection
- Support of Divisional IT systems including Campus Police and EH&S